Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Okanagan Drawings at Kekuli Bay

had some fun early this morning creating three drawings looking across Kalamalka Lake from Kekuli Bay area. The first snow was looking calm and peaceful on the other side of the lake. A light sprinkling of snow allowed many features of the hills to be highlighted and one gets a better sense of the topography that way. You can see some of my drawings at http://www.riverlewis.com/contemporary-canadian-art/drawings.html

In general I usually pay attention to the two-dimensional format of the paper and choose to record features and patterns of the scene over the perspective. Viewers sometimes wonder about this style of drawing, and I show them more realistic drawings occassionally. I'm not currently interested in realism. Realistic drawing is the creation of an illusion on paper. My interest lies in the spirit of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment